Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Halloween Miracles

Now here is an explaination for my previous blog posting and an explaination as to why I'm smiling in my pictures. It turned out that I got my cake and got to eat it too.

Right when I was going to make a protest sign that was going to say, "Down With Party Poopers." I got a text from my friend Mike who reminded me that there was a dance tonight at our Single's Ward. Going to this didn't exactly strike my fancy but it provided the excuse that I needed in order to pay tribute to the "good 'ole days." Therefore at a moments notice I was ratting my hair as fast as possible. Actually, the ratting credit needs to be given to my sister Chelsea who has been hiding her ratting talent her entire life (Thanks Chels, even as I write this my hair is still holding it's perfect shape). If I had known this sooner I probably could of been more popular in High School, but I guess I can only relive the past once a year on Halloween. So after all of my huffing and puffing I still got to dress up. However that is not the end of my story. Another highlight of the night was when I got pulled over. Yep, I was a renegade on Halloween night causing a bunch of havoc. Actually don't think too much into it, this is how the whole thing went down...After being at the dance for a little bit Mike and I decided to go back to the party and I had recruited a friend to come as well. She had her own car and we decided to meet at an intersection. Since it was dark I wasn't quite sure what car she was in so I decided to flash my lights at her. Once we made contact we pressed forward. Later I was driving on Main and then all of a sudden I see flashes of lights. I thought for certain the cop couldn't be pulling me over but sure enough he was. Apparently once I was finished flashing my lights at my friend Jacki I hadn't turned them back on. This was the cause for me getting pulled over. The cop was pretty gruff and made a bigger deal about it then he should of, but hey, someone has got to protect the streets from hollagens like myself. I got away with just a warning and advice that I need to clean out my glove box. When looking for my proof of insurance we were consistently pulling out old expired ones. The real one didn't pop up until the very last second to save the day (thank you Mom and Dad for taking such good care of me).

So that is basically the story of my Halloween night. Nothing too crazy or wild, but a little excitement nevertheless. I think I had enough excitement that I could be done with Halloween for the next five years and join the Party Poopers Club. I think I'm ready to officially retire from the Halloween scene...Speaking of retirering I'm ready to go flatten my hair, put my face back to normal, and then head to bed. It's a good thing Halloween only comes around once a year.

No comments: