Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Crazy Roommate

So I find this story really funny and I want to share it...

The other day I came home to eat some dinner and my roommate came into the kitchen with this shocked look on her face. She started laughing and I had no idea what was going on. Apparently she had been wanting to talk to me all day about what had happened last night...Huh?...I didn't know where she was going with this until she started to explain...

She proceeded by telling me that she had had a scary dream about her friend named Kandis. Kandis and her are tight like unto a dish and she would give Kandis her kidney if she could. This is actually true. Kandis hasn't been feeling good and she has had problems with her kidneys. Lindsay (my roommate) being the kind person that she is was willing to be on the surgeons table in a moments notice. Luckily, however, no surgery is needed. It turns out that Kandis has kidney stones and that Lindsay can keep her kidney. I write lightly about it but my roomie has been very concerned about her friend. Anyway, that was all background knowledge to get you to this point. The other night, because of this scary dream, Lindsay had come over to my bed and had started to rub my face and arm and she kept telling me that, "that it will be okay." Lindsay had thought that I was Kandis and she was not quite herself to say the least. Apparently though her massaging just lulled me to sleep even more. I did however have an impression of this experience, but in my memory it felt like a dream. I'm glad however that I didn't wake up to someone attacking my face; I might of been dramatized. The moral of this story however is that if you're ever distraught or in need Lindsay Neidrich will be there for you to caress your face. Aren't I lucky to have such a kind, considerate roommate.

Upon hearing this story I was brought to tears. It might not have the same affect on those who read it, but it was the best laugh that I have had in a while.

No comments: