Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Main Event

For almost two months at the Boys and Girl's Club I have been preparing for January 26th and it finally came! January 26th was the day of the big game/the crowning event...I have been doing a Basketball club for my "Fanz" (3rd to 5th graders) boys and a Dance/Cheerleading Club for my "Fanz" girls. I've been doing practices with the boys and I was teaching the girls cheers and a dance to do for the half-time entertainment. Things at the Club aren't always concrete so it's hard to keep consistency when you never know who's going to be at the club and who actually feels up to participating. Things are always a little crazy but it all turned out so well and I'm so grateful for all the help that I received. The kids had a blast and they all did a great job!!!



My Cheerleaders/Dancers-We took an hour before heading over to the church to get all dolled up. We also previously had made tutus out a tulle so that the girls had a costume. They did a great job! My dad even said, "The best part of the game was the cheerleaders and that's not usually the case."













My "Bullies"-The Bullies is what they chose for the team name. We made little team shirts that consisted of a Bull holding a ball with their name and number on the shirt along with the team name.















Let the Game begin!...Before the game started we announced the teams and the boys came running into the gym. They were a little shy but you could tell that they enjoyed it.

















The Half-time entertainment-The girls did great. They danced to Justin Bieber's song "Baby" (which they always complained about but deep down I think that they secretly love the song). There's a part in the song where a guy raps for a little bit and during that part the girls just do free-style and dance however they want. That turned out to be my favorite part of the dance because they were just so cute. I was really amazed though at how well they did.












The final score...WE WON!!! There were many that believed that we wouldn't win because of the fact that we were playing against a team that has been playing together for a while. However, I had no doubt in my boys. Team Bullies is made up of boys who have a competitive spirit and they fought hard until the very end. I was so proud of them and winning just made the whole event that much better.













And I need to give a huge thanks to my family...



My Mom-my scorekeeper/announcer













My Dad-my ref














My sister Chelsea-my Cheerleader manager















My niece Emme-my fill-in announcer














...Thank you so much! You're amazing and I couldn't of pulled this off without you!

No comments: