Tuesday, August 24, 2010

#17-Paint cement plant...CHECK

So yesterday I was able to check off one of the things that is on my mental "do before I die" checklist (hopefully someday I'll make the checklist less mental and finally put it on paper). Anyway with work I drive past the old cement plant and I always think that someday my artistry will be displayed up there...and that day finally came.

About a week or two ago my friend Jacki asked me to help make signs for her brother who is coming home from his two year mission in Jamaica (he actually could be stepping out the airplane door as I write this). I agreed of course, but then later on I realized that my graffiti dream could finally come true. I told my friend that I couldn't help her unless we did some vandalizing and her response was..."Oh Kandie..." Little did I know that she already had this plan in mind-Wahoo!

So the day comes and the story goes as follows...
First we set off with ladder and supplies in stock in a truck that is drawing closer and closer to the E on the gas reading. We take off onto the freeway and we end up making a full circle going from Brigham to Honeyville and back. Then realizing we needed to fill up we decided to head to Corinne to get some answers and some gas. I went into the gas station to ask for some help and a girl that I used to work with was the employee there and luckily she had the answers of how to get to the plant. However, I always like a good adventure and I'm pretty sure that Jacki got lost for my sake. Once we finally got there though we hauled our ladder a good distance while dodging cow pies; which actually turned out to be pointless extra work but all and all it adds to the adventure of things. Then we finally got to work and it didn't turn out half bad. By the time it was done Jacki and I felt pretty accomplished.

Disclaimer: Hopefully all of this is legal. I would think that vandalizing vandalism is justifiable. We probably put the 300th layer of paint on so that can't be too bad right?


The beginnings


The goods












Crazy Jacki








My wannabe Senior picture














Vandalizers










The Final Product

4 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Nicely done girls!

Mary said...

Coooool!!

Jacki Lee said...

gol i love when people post blogs about me :) i think im just going to copy it and paste it on my blog haha maybe ill just do a link :)

hay said...

Good work Kandie!
I'm glad I ran into your blog.
Hope all is well, sounds like it sure is.
Love and miss ya.